Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Floral Cynthia Rowley Simplicity 1366


Simplicity 1366 by Cynthia Rowley

You've been seeing a lot of blue from me. I swear I have other colors in my summer stash, but I've just been reaching for the blue fabrics lately. And I enjoy playing with combinations of shades of blue in my outfits. There really is so much variety within a color range, monochrome definitely doesn't have to be monotone!
Anyway, in August I plan to begin sewing for fall and I'll be looking at a different palette. In the fall, I tend to reach for earth tones and jewel tones.


This one is made of a lovely printed Swiss dot cotton and the neckline is finished with jersey bias tape, turned under and topstitched. You can see the drape of the cotton is quite different than the rayon I used in the other top. The result is more structured but also more casual.

Simplicity 1366 by Cynthia Rowley

Back view.



Are kids in other parts of the world all making these colorful rubber band bracelets? It seems all the parents I know around here are wearing them because all the kids, boys and girls alike are making them.



We're taking off for New York tomorrow, to visit friends and family, and I need to pack! I wish you all a wonderful couple of weeks!

24 comments:

  1. Another lovely top. Just love those sleeves and length. The blue is pretty stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really lovely top.. blue suits you well, so i say go for it!
    and i've noticed that rubber band bracelets craze here in serbia too, they are everywhere!
    have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is lovely and beautiful colour. Nothing wrong with a lot of blue! ;-) I really like the colourful bracelet too! Have fun in New York, is that where you're from? (nosey!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! I'm sure you'll see many more of those bracelets in your travels, I think every child got the kit for Christmas this year! I used to not wear blue tops with jeans, but I love the way the different hues come together these days - thanks for the continuing inspiration, there are a lot of blue fabrics in my summer stash, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to avoid anything matchy matchy so this is new to me too. Thank you Chloe!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful choice, yet again! Have a wonderful trip (make sure you go to purl soho, was one of my highlights last year)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning in that blue! Have a nice holiday! I know you’ll take lots of great pictures :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! As usual!! I can't wait to see what fabric you will bring back from NY! (I just spent 3 weeks in France and dutifully had to learn from my 6 years old cousin how to make the elastic bracelets)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we'll see about that... Do I need more fabric? ;)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful fabric. I prefer this more structured version and love the length with your high waisted jeans. Gorgeous. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your top is lovely! I really like wearing these casual woven type tops.

    Those bands are everywhere in New Zealand. My 10 year old is not into them. He thinks they are silly. Ask me about Minecraft though omg! The story about the origins of loom bands is really interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a little weird to think that these fads are now global.

      Delete
  10. I looove that fabric. I'm reaching for blue a lot these days, too! I taught a sewing class for kids 9-13 awhile back and they were covered in rainbow loom projects.

    Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's what they're called! Thanks Morgan :)

      Delete
  11. Oh no..you're tempting me to make one...the print is lovely and it's fabulous with jeans. You look great. Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely top! It goes very well with your jeans and is just the right length. I am tempted to make one.

    I put a link to your lovely Colette Moneta dress on my blog. It's at:
    http://carolineparadigmdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/oonapalooza-its-pleated-moneta.html.

    Enjoy your holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caroline, I really appreciate it!

      Delete