Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Simple

Grainline Scout Tee Dress

                                             I needed a grey t-shirt dress in my wardrobe.

                         
Grainline Scout Tee Dress

I simply lengthened Grainline's Scout Tee and added a bit of shaping at the sides so the fabric wouldn't bunch up too much under a belt.



Grey can be tricky for me but this is a light, warmer grey. It's a marled cotton jersey, and the background is almost a sand color, so I think it suits my warm skin tone.


                                 About as simple and comfortable as it gets...

More spring essentials : Comfy linen pantsSafari Jacket.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Marilla, you are the queen of simple!

      Delete
  2. Love It!... dress, fabric and styling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks like a dress you can live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, and sleep in even ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this it looks so comfortable. I have recently found you through MMM14 and really like all your makes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin! I'm so glad I decided to participate in Me Made May! It's a wonderful way to connect with other sewists around the world and the community is so supportive!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning dress, what a brilliant drafting of the scout tee, might have to give it a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great pattern to begin with!

      Delete
  6. I had been thinking about doing this too! now I am convinced! have you seen the edit tutorial on grainline's website for a different neckline?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Do you mean the neckline with the V? I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete