Friday, March 14, 2014

Spotted Blouse



As I sort through my closet at the end of each season, I take some notes for the following year. Was there anything I felt I needed that I didn't have? Are there items I could use more of or that should be replaced? So when I'm ready to start sewing for that season again, I can pull out my list and get to work.
One of the things I wrote down at the end of last summer was that I needed some elegant tops to dress up jeans as a change up from my usual tees and tank tops. So here is a blouse. It's a bit dressier, but still has a relaxed vibe to it that I feel comfortable with. And I think it's pretty retro, in line with the 70s Saint Laurent vibe of my safari jacket.




I used pattern 127 from the March 2012 issue of Burdastyle magazine.




The fabric is a silk/cotton voile from my stash. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be an animal print. Maybe a tiny giraffe? If so, you could say I'm continuing on my safari theme.



The shell buttons are really pretty. You can't tell in the picture, but some of them give off an entire rainbow!

I sewed the denim pencil skirt last year and kept it in my closet for winter, but it rides up when I wear it over tights. I actually sewed a slip for it but that didn't really work out. Wearing a slip under a denim skirt just seems weird. But it's a great basic and I do expect to wear it in the Spring.

A bientôt!

4 comments:

  1. It does indeed fit into a safari theme! I like very much the collar and the gathered neckline.. it has sort of a retro vibe with a modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blouse is so very chic, I love the tiny giraffe print. And it looks just lovely with your denim skirt too. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete